Macabre Manistee County... There's so Much to Do, It's Scary!
Macabre Manistee County presents a variety of spooky-fun events for adults who are kids at heart and families alike. Below are a list of some of the 2015 highlights.
For additional kid and family friendly Halloween fun in Manistee and surrounding areas that happen each year, check out Halloween Fun and the listing of fall events.
- Douglas Valley Winery Corn Maze: Outdoor corn maze, weather permitting. $3/person with kids 4 and under admitted free with adult supervision. Runs on open days from 11am-5pm through October 31st. Call (231) 887-3333 for more information.
- Kaleva Parade of Scarecrows: From October 1st-31st, scarecrows will welcome you into town.
- Onekama Scarecrows: Presented by the Portage Lake Association, this event includes over 60 scarecrows along M-22 and the color route tour.
- Apple Valley Orchards: Bear Lake at 11240 Milarch Rd., a working apple farm with farm tours available from October 1st-31st. Call (231) 690-5576 for more information.
- Scary Story Contest: The Manistee County Library offers a chance for 3rd graders and older to write and submit an original story for an opportunity to be included in the 2016 Terrifying Tales booklet. Call (231) 362-2080 for more info.
Single and Multi-Day Events
Gatekeeper, the official mascot of Macabre Manistee County, will return to visit select events and greet visitors. Don't be alarmed if you are downtown shopping or dining at a Manistee restaurant...and the Gatekeeper makes an appearance.
More Fall Happenings...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.